Holiday Bark w/Toasted Quinoa
20 ouncesDark Chocolate chips/cocoa nibs
1⁄4 cupQuinoa (rinsed, then toasted)
1⁄4 cupPistachios (crushed)
1⁄4 cupDried Mediterranean Apricots (diced)
The Chocolate Chips were made by a brand called "Enjoy Life"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse your quinoa thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Lay out the quinoa on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
- Toast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Crush your pistachios (I did this in a ziploc bag).
- Dice your apricots.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, or use two stock pots like I did. Put water in the bottom one, the chocolate in the top.
- Stir frequently.
- Once it is just about all the way melted/smooth, remove from heat and stir in the toasted quinoa.
- Then, pour the chocolate mixture flat onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread flat with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle pistachios and apricots evenly onto chocolate.
- Gently press the toppings into the chocolate.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Then break into pieces and enjoy!
Yields 8 Servings