Pumpkin Muffins (or bread): No butter, no oil, low-sugar, and 100% amazing!
1 1⁄2 cupWhole Wheat Pastry Flour
3 tablespoonsWhole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄4 cupBrown Sugar
1⁄2 teaspoonGround Ginger
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
1⁄2 cupVanilla Greek Yogurt
16 ouncesCream Cheese 1/3 Fat (for frosting)
1⁄3 cupDate Puree (for frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Smash banana and mix with other wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spray a muffin tin and pour batter into each cup.
- Bake for 25 - 27 minutes.
- Make frosting while muffins cook: mix up the cream cheese to make it fluffy with a hand mixer. Slowly add in the date puree, while mixing.
- Put frosting back in the fridge to firm up.
- After muffins have baked, allow them to cool before adding the frosting to the tops.
Yields 12 Muffins