Rainbow Fish Tacos || No Sugar Sweet Life
6Fish Filets (I used Tilapia)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 teaspoonMinced Garlic
1⁄2 packageFish Taco Seasonings (I used the Simply Organic brand)
1 cupPurple Cabbage (shredded)
1 cupRefried Black Beans
1Orange Bell Pepper (sliced and roasted)
1⁄2 cupSweet Kernel Corn
1⁄2 cupOlive Oil Mayo
1⁄2 cupPlain greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
12Small Flour Tortillas (or sub corn tortillas)
- Thaw fish, if frozen, then marinate for an hour or two in: 1 Tbsp Olive oil, 1 lime's juice, 1 tsp garlic, and 1 tsp paprika.
- Prep all toppings: dice tomatoes, shred cabbage, roast bell peppers (either in oven or microwave), create white sauce by mixing 1/2 cup olive oil mayo plus 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt.
- Pan sear the fish, approximately 6 minutes on each side. Partway through cooking, sprinkle on the Simply Organic fish taco seasoning.
- Warm up refried black beans and corn.
- Once fish is thoroughly cooked (white throughout, not clear/translucent), assemble your tacos!
- Make sure to grab a little bit of each color.
Yields 4 Servings